The Grand Library
|The Grand Library|
Area Lore/Back Story
The Grand Library was created through the patronage of the Lady Weaver. In it, you will find literary works from all over the globe -- ancient texts, poems, stories, collections of myth and legend, recipes and maps. It is a marvel of historical wonder which should be savoured, slowly, like a fine, rare vintage. The staff is second to none and will act in concert and with terrible wrath to quell any shenanigans in the Library. Even the youngest souls are welcome within its hallowed halls - should they follow the rules of basic courtesy - but even the most seasoned and versed will find bloody trouble, should violence be their goal.
There will be a Lore Quest for the Grand Library! The first person to CORRECTLY answer ALL of the questions below (in NOTE format, posted on the MUD) after zone installation will receive a generous prize! (a restring of a Library Card, AND 1 Large Prize Bag Pick -or- 4 Quest Point Vouchers, AND 500,000 gold!) Subsequent individuals answering ALL questions correctly will receive an honorarium of 100,000 gold. (no funny business. If I have reason to believe that someone is selling or giving away answers, I will respond with rifts. - Cordir (talk) 08:25, 18 November 2016 (MST)) // UPDATE! Congratulations to LEXIE for completing the Lore Quest! (A sneak peek at one of her prizes can be seen below)- Cordir (talk) 12:21, 4 July 2017 (MDT)
- Who are (all) the individuals in the Foyer portraits?
- Who is the kidnapper?
- Who is the SUBJECT of the piece on page 6 of Fifty Shades of Sanguinity?
- Who is the King of Thieves?
- What is Rule #5 of the AERB?
- What is the given name of the Theologian?
- Translate: Pelya tinta homyanya ar pana nare indyanna.
- Which item of the library was provided by the Arch-Lich?
- Who is the author of the love poem for Syla & Pyros?
- In what year did Togan Hornswat research the Flora of the Deserts?
- How many steaks were carried by Boromir just prior to when he immorted?
- Who would get coolered faster than you can say, 'Nash is a three-headed goat'?
- Who or What is Vecna's first love?
- What sound do Darelk's fireballs make?
- What killed the skeletal figure?
- Why does the merchant have a slave?
- What object might have been made by the Creator himself?
- Who is Miss Lulabelle?
- What is the name of the murdered Librarian?
- What dwells within the red eye?
a silver Library ID on a spidersilk lanyard
Long description: A rune-enscribed silver identification card hangs from a spidersilk lanyard.
Look ID: Only someone who has spent so much time in the Grand Library that Beatrix herself has forgotten whether they are truly on the staff could possibly have puzzled out each of the minutiae posed by the Lady Weaver in the Library Lore Quest. Fueled, no doubt, by many a soy latte, bedraggled with spiderwebs, and having endured one too many leers from a certain vampiric impersonator, LEXIE ferretted out each and every answer. This official Grand Library ID badge is one part of her reward. On the silvery, rune-enscribed surface of the badge is an image of the wearer. Look Lanyard: The spidersilk used to craft this lanyard is unusually fine and soft, holding the sheen of the silvery stars at midnight. A braid crafted of twelve strands of this silk and what could possibly be a single strand of Cordir's own hair keeps the ID safely around the neck of the wearer. Look Image: The image upon the ID is not static. No simple portrait, it has captured several moments of Lexie's journey to discover the secrets of the Library. In the first, she flails her arms wildly, frantically trying to cast spells to no avail, quite nearly buried up to her waist in chittering, biting arachnids. In the second, a ghastly scene - she lays upon the floor at Grunbara's feet, disoriented, bloody, and bewildered, the still corpse of Sandman sprawled nearby. (A shadowy figure, seemingly pointing and laughing, leans against one of the bookshelves.) Lexie is seen in the third vision tiptoeing cautiously past the Wrath of the Gods, whilst simultaneously glaring daggers at a man sliding a book onto the wrong shelf upon which it doesn't belong. In the fourth, she giggles and hops around a small wood wagon as the Wind itself ruffles her blonde locks. A fifth mirage shows the bold adventuress attempting to tickle the whiskers of a trio of enormous weasels, all the while calling out confusing and excited instructions to a gnome.
The Grand Library is the 13th zone written by Cordir.
First to find the zone: Venom
First To Die In Zone: ### Marian killed by Lady Beatrix, the Head Librarian at The Grand Library
First Mob Mastery Completion in Zone: Avoozl, who killed the Bookkeeper for MM#90.
First Explorer Ribbon Earned for Zone: ____________
First TYPO posted: Ghazkull
Area Creation Timeline
- 05/23/2016 - Zone Proposal Submitted.
- 06/20/2016 - Zone Proposal Accepted with Modification.
- 06/30/2016 - Request for test port upload, for walk-through and additional author area review.
- 07/01/2016 - Fix issue preventing upload, provide new file.
- 07/02/2016 - Zone uploaded to test port for walk-through work. Lots of fixes to be done!
- 07/25/2016 - Major update, dozens of fixes to items found in prior walkthrough.
- 07/29/2016 - Grand Library reaches 739KB in size.
- 08/27/2016 - Zone submitted to Area Coordinators for review.
- 09/03/2016 - Zone provided to Tamar for her review by Tokugawa.
- 09/18/2016 - Tamar provides partial feedback, requesting rewrite of many of the mobs.
- 09/20/2016 - Author provides new file with 46 mobs rewritten and another 17 modified via Forums.
- 10/14/2016 - Author provides new file to Area Coordinators via email as Forums aren't available.
- 01/28/2017 - Tamar requests re-write of two items.
- 01/30/2017 - Author provides item re-writes. Tamar provides additional list of questions on the zone.
- 01/31/2017 - Author responds to Area Coordinator's list of questions. Area Coordinator responds with a list of changes made to the zone.
- 02/01/2017 - Author responds to Area Coordinator's changes, with feedback and requested re-writes of items.
- 02/25/2017 - Tamar passes zone to Tokugawa for object/mob review.
- 03/01/2017 - Author revises level range and zone description, to provide clarifying language.
- 03/08/2017 - Author receives area file and double checks for typos or other issues as a result of changes.
- 03/09/2017 - Author provides list of additional questions about / fixes to additional changes.
- 03/09/2017 - Area Coordinator provides response to author, and author responds.
- 04/14/2017 - Area Coordinator contacts author with check-in about zone progress upon return from vacation.
- 05/15/2017 - Author inquires if zone can be ready in time for Memorial Day install. Area Coordinator responds positively.
- 05/21/2017 - Area Coordinator provides list of questions for mobs, objects and rooms. Author responds.
- 05/25/2017 - Area Coordinator completes review items, confirms zone is ready for install. Agrees on install time/date.
- 05/26/2017 - Area is INSTALLED. Reboot to fix a few items that weren't working as intended.
Player Provided Information
|[ 10] Ghazkull: The Grand Library|
Sat May 27 00:08:55 2017
|Hello Fellow Mortals,|
Be sure to check in with Theologian.
|What you will find in the Grand Library -- Books. LOTS of Books. Soy latte. Hidden objects. Secret rooms. Interactive mobs. Nostalgia. History. Riddles. Puzzles. Adjectives. Lots of adjectives. Descriptions. Lots and LOTS of descriptions (Look in every direction and at everything). Unique items for sale. Unique items for free. Spiders. Lots of spiders? You can see for yourself. Oh, and DEATH. LOTS AND LOTS OF DEATH. But remember it's a Library. So, try to be quiet as you die an excruciatingly painful death - the rest of us are lounging in overstuffed chairs, captivated by a great book, sipping latte - just a few feet away.|
Books of the Grand Library
Information on the books you can find in the Grand Library can be added to this page: Books of the Grand Library
Staff and Patrons of the Grand Library
Information on the books you can find in the Grand Library can be added to this page: Staff and Patrons of the Grand Library