|Ebon Weaver of the 5th Circle|
|Last Seen||November 29, 1999|
You see before you a silhouette, featureless, but recognizably human. Typhon is in perfect health. Typhon is using: <worn on finger> (Magical) a dwarven golden ring <worn around neck> (Crimson) Five Circles of the Order (1) <worn around neck> (Magical) a Major Amulet of True Seeing <worn on body> (Magical) an immense Elder Sign <worn on head> a purple feathered black wide brimmed hat <worn on legs> (Magical) (Glowing) a pair of dark grey hose <worn on feet> (Magical) (Glowing) a pair of dark grey leather boots <worn on hands> (Magical) (Glowing) a pair of soft grey leather gloves <worn about body> (Magical) (Glowing) a cloak of spirits <worn about waist> a black silk beltpouch <wielded> (Magical) a razor sharp sword-rapier <worn with pride> (Magical) a niobium nipple ring
(1) This restring is an ancient artifact. It was originally created in 1995, and was mana gear worn by Thaygar. Upon Thaygar's retirement, he gave it to Cordir. She, in turn, entrusted it to Typhon prior to immortality. After her promotion to DemiGoddess, he returned it to Cordir. She wore it for many years, until she gave it as a gift to Isolas who has it to this day.
Hum [ Sh:29 ] Typhon, Ebon master of the 5th Circle (November 18, 1995) Hum [ Th: 3 Sh:30 Wa:10 ] Typhon, Ebon Shaman (February 1996) Hum [ Sh:27 Wa:15 Th: 9 ] Typhon, Shaman of the Ebon Hand, Weaver (March 20, 1996) Hum [ Sh:30 Th: 9 Wa:10 ] Typhon, Shaman [HoK] (June 8, 1997)
|11/1995: Upon Reaching Level 30||06/12/97|
You are Typhon, Ebon master of the 5th Circle, 123 years old (212 hours).
You are Typhon, Shaman [HoK], 318 years old (602 hours).
The character of Typhon was loosely based on the mythological Typhon.
- Typhon was the very first mortal to complete a Triat Mastery Quest. Details of it are lost to history, but the one task remembered was that as a level 30 shaman, he was required to dual to Thief (at level 30 - a horrible task, in 2x) and gain several levels without being allowed to eat or sleep or drink while doing so.
- Typhon was (unofficially) partnered to Saran - unofficially, because same-sex relationships are not recognized on TFC.
- Typhon was mentioned in the Threads of the Tapestry in Cordir's temple in the Charcoal thread.
- Typhon had a very close friendship to Jahiliya of Veladorn. They travelled together a great deal, and Jahiliya loved jumping into Typhon's conversations with others that she Info'd bits of.
- Typhon was represented in a Chosen of Fate roleplay session: Three Speak of the Triat.
- The Pain of Change shares Typhon's conversion to 2x.
Player Provided Information:
||Typhon was the first person I ever grouped with. We both started characters the same day or week or so.|
November 18, 1995: Typhon reaches level 29.
November, 1995: Typhon reaches level 30, at 210 hours.
March 20, 1996: Typhon plays a part in the The Wedding of Cordir and Deamhan. There, he utters the quotable, "Typhon says, 'My God is creepier than your God."
June 21, 1996: Thaygar, previously a Retired God, is reinstated to Lesser God status, reforming the Ebon Hand. Shortly afterwards, Typhon (an Ebon Master of old) rejoins Thaygar, becoming his first worshipper.
November 29, 1999: As a result of insulting Tynian in a player-to-player tell, Faust, Typhon, Torquemada (Monk), Gernoul, Nihil, Teine, Storivad, Gryphon, Alecto, Diaemon, and ALL other characters belonging to the same player are deleted.
Typhon was one of the first characters created by this player. It was his excited stories about TFC that drew Cordir into playing. He had a long list of characters, ranging from Good Paladins to the foulest Evil to the most benevolent Neutral.