|The Wandering Troubledour|
Member: TFC Explorers Society
|Created||July 16, 2002|
|Last Seen||June 2006|
- Oook was one of the first prolific bards. He created a number of original works, some of which are recorded on the timeline.
- Oook wrote the Greet social.
- One of Oook's songs is featured in A Rowdy Saloon, the temple of Wylin.
Big ogre. Real big. With a pair of yellowed tusks any boar would be proud to sport. He grins at you, revealing a series of massive teeth, chipped and stained from a life of eating things few people would consider edible. And possibly from eating a few people that most things would not consider edible, either. His dark pea-green skin has the texture - and odor - of a bubbling swamp, and a black top-knot sprouts from his head like an unkempt horse's tail. "Now me can sing for you!" he bellows. "Me sing good!"
Ogr [ Wa: 2 ] Oook the Ogre (*) (July 16, 2002) Ogr [ Bard: 13 10 4 ] Oook the Wandering Troubledour! [of Fate(tm)] (July 30, 2002) Ogr [ Bard: 24 14 4 ] Oook the Wandering Troubledour [of Fate!(tm)] (August 31, 2002) Ogr [ Bard: 24 14 4 ] Oook the Wandering Troubledour [of Fate!(tm)] (September 29, 2002) Ogr [ Bard: 24 14 4 ] Oook the Wandering Troubledour [of Fate!(tm)] (October 24, 2002) Ogr [ Bard: 24 14 4 ] Oook the Wandering Troubledour [of Fate!(tm)] (February 4, 2003) Ogr [ Bard: 26 25 17 ] Oook, the Wandering Trouble-dour! [of Fate(tm)] (June 17, 2003) Ogr [ Bard: 30 28 18 ] Oook, the Wandering Trouble-dour! [of Fate(tm)] (October 14, 2003) Ogr [ Bard: 30 28 18 ] Oook, the Wandering Trouble-dour! [of Fate(tm)] (December 9, 2003) Ogr [ Bard: 30 28 22 ] Oook the Wandering Trouble-dour! [of Fate(tm)] (December 18, 2004) Ogr [ Bard: 30 28 23 ] Oook the **AFK** Trouble-dour! (Fate) (August 3, 2005)
- As a Bard Playtester, Oook had to first choose a standard class, and Tynian had to manually adjust his PFile to give Oook the bard classes. His initial class was Warrior.
- Oook was inducted into the TFC Explorers Society for locating Wintermeet Valley.
- Oook was the first bard to participate in a Bardic Council!
- Oook was specifically mentioned in the mortal history of Isolas.
- Oook received votes in BlissPoll 2011A for "Smartest Ogre You Know" and "Best Singer."
The Song Of Oook
Written by a Mystery Bard, performed in the Kitchen for Gwyrdain on 12/01/2014.
'Have you ever heard the tale'. 'Of Oook, the Ogre Bard?'. 'He bellowed songs aplenty,'. 'and he beat his drum quite hard.'. 'Rememberer of Skull Top,'. 'but still, he found new clan'. 'Found a home among the few,'. 'Fate's Chosen of the land'. 'He braved debate with Keller,'. 'on o-gre morality'. 'and the wilds beyond the ghosts:'. 'Explore' So-ci-e-ty!'. 'Blood and gore, he proudly wore,'. 'Marks of vi-ri-li-ty,'. 'Sang Songs of Power and he learned'. 'The sacred names of Three'. 'His songs brought tears of laughter'. 'and His songs brought smiles of joy'. 'He sang of bonsai beasties - '. '(Was not named for monkey noise)'. 'Sang he songs of Squishy Things,'. 'and Triat Mas-te-ry'. 'He sang of Fire and Darkness,'. 'Shiny fishes in the sea'. 'He sang of Mighty Head-Foots'. 'and he sang of mucky swamps'. 'He taught us ogre nursery rhymes'. 'and proper Demon Stomps'. 'One fan stood out, above most all,'. 'A button Worn With Pride'. 'Graced the breast of Kindred minx'. 'Her sup-port undenied.'. 'He might be missing most of teeth,'. 'His visage might a'fear'. 'But to all he ever met,'. 'Our Oook was dearest dear'. 'Though many came thereafter,'. '- And four became first rate -'. 'Yet none could match the passion'. 'of the Ogre Bard of Fate'.
Player Provided Information:
|Tranquility says (in common), 'I think Oook should be our PR rep'.
Qeiri says (in halfling), 'you mean he isn't?'.
|It's physically impossible to not adore Oook. He was superbly roleplayed, and, like every character developed by that player, a fully rounded creation. He was an avid and skilled playtester, and wrote a great deal of documentation for the bard class. His performances would have people roaring with laughter both in game and out. He was a delight and a joy to have in Fate.|
- Oook was the inspiration for a restring requested by another player: (Ogre Aura) (Singing) an Oook Fan Club button
a small, lumpy, beaded leather amulet bag
Long Description: Various objects of unseen quality and quantity make this small amulet bag bulge.
Extra Description: Amulet Bag
Crafted to be worn upon a plain thong around the neck, this amulet bag is
nearly devoid of decoration. A small design of coarsely handmade beads of
some kind of green stone forms a spiral upon the front of the tiny pouch,
and here and there, bright feathers dangle and sway. Various small items,
each with their own meaning and purpose, have been stuffed into the pouch
and cause it to bulge outward. Only a small knot of sinew wrapped tightly
around a large bead holds the amulet bag closed.
Extra Description: Contents
It takes a long moment to manage to open the amulet bag: the sinew that binds
it closed has gotten wet at some point -- most likely drool, spit, or perhaps
some ale or grog -- and shrank. But once the clasp is loosened, the contents
spill out into your hand:
- a tiny mouse skull, somehow intact
- a bit of bright string, tied in a strangely purposeful pattern of knots
- a single white whisker, perhaps from a cat?
- a fragment of pottery, the colors faded and ancient
- a tiny carving of ash wood, crafted in the form of a weasel
- a small bit of sage, the leaf dried and brittle
- a smooth stone taken from a stream bed
- a dried claw from some form of bird
- a small silver charm in the shape of a spider
- an origami crane
How you're going to fit them all back in, is entirely beyond you.
Extra Description: Beadwork Spiral Pattern
It's difficult to discern what type of stone was used in the crafting of these
beads. They appear to have been made by hand, carefully chipped and rounded, a
tiny hole drilled in each (though some aren't exactly centered). They are not
of emerald, or tourmaline, or jade...what they might be eludes you. Spiraling
inward, the beads form a neat coil that almost reminds you of a serpent biting
its own tail.
Extra Description: Keyword Keywords Dedication Info Inscription
Keywords: Amulet Bag
Extras : amulet bag / beadwork spiral pattern / contents items
Crafted with gratitude and thanks for Oook -- For all his hard work on behalf of the
Chosen of Fate, by the hand of a proud Goddess on 2am on Searynx the 11th, the month
of the Deities' Wrath, in the year 2607. (Friday, August 8th, 2003.)
(Woven) songs of power and Three Names
Long Description: Songs of power weave a shroud of mystery about three Names here.
Extra Description: Names
You dare not examine too closely the three Names bound here -
though you know it is their shadows only, not the true Names,
you can feel power that would shatter you in an instant if no
protections warded you. Cloaking the Names from mortal sight
(or perhaps cloaking you from the Names) is a complex weaving
composed of six strands of hair and elusively familiar scents
of sacred blooms.
Extra Description: Songs
You are swept up in a thousand songs at once. Though the tumult
is overwhelming, there is no sense of cacophony. Rather, you're
uplifted by the power in each melody. Some throb and pulse with
a primal rhythm that shakes soul and body alike. Impossible not
to whirl endlessly in thrall to such might - but then, a subtler
swaying chant seduces you, and you find yourself curving, caught
up in stretching circles and lilting grace you never dreamed you
possessed. As each melody captures you, holds you, releases you
and spins round to hold you again, you feel the songs' intricate
power weaving new paths through your soul - paths you will spend
your life traveling and understanding.
Extra Description: Strands
One of the strands of hair is brilliantly silver and glows to
even the most mundane eye with more than mortal radiance. As
your finger brushes across it, you see the Lady who wards you
and knows better than any what path you will weave. The next
four strands bring glimpses of holy N'Kai and the sacred ones
who make it their home. Touching the last strand, you see an
elf, her hands moving in sinuous curves as she Weaves.
Extra Description: Scents
The scents of the blooms sacred to the Three drift together
on the air, reminding you of all you hold sacred.
- July 16, 2002: Oook is created.
- July 22, 2002: Oook levels twice to Bard:8\6\2. (Oook gossips (in common), 'And that's Oook, with three 'O's. Ook is a trademarked monkey noise.'.)
- July 24, 2002: Oook levels repeatedly, reaching effective level 21.
- July 25, 2002: Oook completes mobmasters 16-19.
- July 29, 2002: Wintermeet Valley (Bliss' new area) is installed, and Oook is the first to find it. making him the newest member of the TFC Explorer's Society. Oook levels to Bard:13\10\4.
- July 30, 2002: Oook joins Fate.
- July 31, 2002: Keller and Oook debate the human vs. ogre concepts of morality on gossip, and Oook adds, 'If it weren't for the +int gear I was wearing, I wouldn't even stoop to having this conversation, I fear.'. Oook the Wandering Troubledour of Fate levels to Bard:14\11\4.
- August 1, 2002: Oook gossips (in common), 'I'm always happy to take a score :)'. Judgement gossips (in common), 'heh, aren't we all'.
- August 2, 2002: Oook provides a peek at those wacky Spell Scores.
- August 3, 2002: Oook kills a Rakasta Hunter for MM#26 and later gets an LQ bringing him to 66 points total
- August 8, 2002: Oook reaches Bard: 17 12 4.
- August 6, 2002: Oook sings a song of power.
- August 14, 2002: Oook performs an ancient Ogre ceremonial song. Oook ascends to Bard:19\13\4. A game of Mob Hunt ends in the fifth round. Oook wins with 19 points, Phrygian comes in second with 15 points.
- August 15, 2002: Oook ascends to Bard:20\13\4.
- August 17, 2002: Oook the Wandering Troubledour ascends to Bard: 21\14\4. Oook kills a a shipwrecked castaway for MM#34 with the aid of Tycho, who helped him kill the Slaver for the keys.
- August 18, 2002: Oook kills Rasner the Coooook for MM#35. Oook kills a minotaur guard for MM#36. Fate's first Bard then ascends to Bard:22\14\4. Oook gets an LQ, bringing him to 150 points total. Gyro collects a wonderful 15 scrolls as part of his entry quest into Darkness for the Booga's favorite bard, Oook.
- August 20, 2002: Oook ascends to Bard:24\14\4.
- September 5, 2002: Oook explains about origami and bonsai beasties and sings a song.
- September 17, 2002: Oook enters the realm and is promptly buried in over 40 scores and 20 scrolls by friends and following.
- September 28, 2002: Oook, the Troubledor of Fate, provides another list of Scores.
- November 11, 2002: Oook is #16 on the Mob Mastery ranks.
- May 3, 2004: Oook successfully passed TFC's first Bard Council Review by performing 'Fire and Darkness,' 'Der Shiny Fishy Song,' and his personal 'Song of Power', dazzling people in the Storytelling Amphitheater. Due to the current lack of master bards, Tynian was the sole judge. Additionally, much-needed new bard code was introduced. This code allowed Oook of Fate to level four times in rapid succession, bringing him to [Bard:24\16\6]
- May 4, 2004: Oook works on his bardic requirements by completing a location quest for 184 points total. Due to some reshuffling of code on Tynian's part today, changes were made to level requirements for bards with respect to needed location quest points. Consequently, Oook of Fate was then able to level 6 times in less than 3 minutes, bringing him up to eff 33: Bard:24\19\9. The bards are back and leveling in force.
- May 6, 2003: Oook gives his second bard council review performance and reaches Bard: 24 19 9.
- May 10, 2003: Oook has a busy day, passing 1150 points on location quest, completing another bard council review, and reaching Bard: 24 20 15.
- May 12, 2003: Oook takes great, ogrish strides across the Realm, completing more than eight location quests, which advances him to 1323 points total, and Bard:24\20\16.
- May 19, 2003: Oook ascends to Bard:25\20\16, and completes a number of location quests (1526 points total), but sadly 'got whacked by Tynnir the Demon Slayer'. Fortunately, Lanfear and Ihsahn who were a short distance away in Mystic recovered the corpse.
- May 30, 2003: Oook, Fate's Bard, completes several LQs for 1582 points total.
- June 16, 2003: Oook leveled Magic 4 times and Combat 1 time, bringing him up to [Bard: 26 24 16]. Additionally, Oook won all three rounds of "Find the Booga". Diver ascends to Ma:21\Wa:16.
- June 17, 2003: Oook of Fate levels his magic class, reaching [Bard:26\25\16], then gets MM#40 and #41, both for a female sauhagin then levels to [Bard:26\25\17].
- June 19, 2003: Oook reaches Level 26 in his Magic 'class'. (Bard: 26 26 17.) A game of Mob Hunt ends in round 5. Grale won with 69 points and Oook came in second with 15 points.
- June 20, 2003: Oook reaches #7 on the Location Quest Rankings and #4 on MobHunt Ranking.
- June 23, 2003: Oook reaches Bard: 27 26 17.
- June 28, 2003: Oook realizes that 'According to my records, which may be short a couple items, I've memo'd 2215 scores and 593 scrolls'.
- June 30, 2003: Oook leveled his Bard combat class to 28.
- July 15, 2003: Oook leveled his bard combat class to level 29.
- July 18, 2003: Oook leveled his bard combat class to level 30.
- August 9, 2003: Eliste holds a dance in Cillidellia, which involves a costume contest, a dance contest, & some performances by Oook.
- September 27, 2003: Oook performs the "Demon Stomping Song".
- August 26, 2003: Oook leveled his bard magic class to level 28 and his skill class to level 18 after killing a black widow for MM# 44.
2004 - 2006
- March 2, 2004: Balin gossips (in common), 'what spell is 'you feel fortified'?'. Oook gossips (in common), 'The Vitamin D spell?' Oook then levels his bard skill class to 19.
- March 06, 2004: Oook earned 2512 location quest points and killed Clanni, the spawn hunter for MM# 49 and a female griffon for MM# 50.
- March 08, 2004: Oook reaches 1003 mobhunt points, and slays a great griffon for MM# 51, Emperor Salias for MM# 52, a male centaur for MM# 53, a bathing centaur for MM# 54, a blood-thirsty pig for MM# 55, a dwarven warrior for MM# 56.
- March 09, 2004: Oook leveled his bard skill class twice to reach level 21, and earned Bards' Council approval for level 20. He also slew an Unfinished One for MM# 57 and Tagi, the superstitious tribal elder for MM# 58.
- March 12, 2004 : Oook leveled his bard skill class to level 22, after slaying a disgruntled mercenary for MM# 59, Jack for MM# 60, a bloated mercenary for MM# 61, an aarakocran merchant for MM# 62, a Dragonlord for MM# 63, and the manor cook's helper for MM# 64.
- March 13, 2004 : Oook killed a Dragonlord for MM# 65.
- November 18, 2004: Oook hosts a bardic circle, with a 20k gold prize. The winners are Kailani with first prize, and Once, Scrye, and Miressa with second prize
- November 19, 2004: Oook celebrates his 400 year birthday.
- November 30, 2004: Oook reaches 4,008 Location Quest points.
- May 5, 2005: Natilena sets Tiberius' nemesis loose in Safehaven, holding a gift for anyone who can catch her. She is slain by the group of Kaira, Noctus, Oook, Hiro and Kykmi.
- May 10, 2005: Oook hosts a bardic circle.
- May 8, 2005: Oook reaches 1,283 mob hunt points.
- May 17, 2005: Oook kills a groundskeeper for MM#66.
- May 18, 2005: Oook kills a Dragonlord for MM#67.
- May 19, 2005: Oook kills a Death Knight for MM#68.
- June 1, 2005: Oook kills Avard for MM #69 and a Great White Shark for MM 70. He levels his skill class to level 23.
- June 9, 2006: Oook reaches 4,505 location quest points. He also levels his bard skill class twice, reaching 24, and his magic skill, reaching 29.