Area Writing Procedure
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The general procedure for completing an area is as follows:
- Submit proposal to Tokugawa. Please submit proposal as text within the email, not as an attachment.
- Proposal received and reviewed by Tokugawa.
- Proposal returned for revisions or clarifications and resubmitted OR proposal accepted.
- Tynian creates area forum for author. Communication now takes place on forum.
- Author reads TFC Style Guide and begins work on the area.
- Author submits vnum map, 3 sample rooms, mobs, and objects. (See sample.zip here for vnum map example.)
- Vnum map and samples are approved OR returned for editing.
- Vnum range is assigned.
- Author continues working on area, and then submits first draft.
- First draft is reviewed, and any changes necessary are made by the author.
- If necessary, second draft is submitted and reviewed, and any changes necessary are made by the author and/or Tamar.
- Area is installed on test port for walk-through(s).
- Final editing is completed by Tokugawa & Tamar.
- Area is installed on TFC.
Additional information for writing areas can be found in the following locations: