Click Here to Play "The Final Challenge"

(located at mud.finalchallenge.net port 4000)

Songs of Power


You ftell, 'welcome back, Oook'.

Aslan ftells, 'Hiya Oook :)'.

### Ananasi has scored 5 points on a location quest (26 points total).

DarkClaw ftells, 'Oook!'.

You ftell, 'I have a prezzie for you'.

Oook ftells, 'Congrats, Ana!'.

You give a Minor Amulet of Health to Oook.

Aslan ftells, 'Oook, come to the temple please :)'.
Ananasi ftells, 'thanks :>'.
DarkClaw ftells, 'Grats, Ananasi.'.

Oook ftells, 'ooooo'.

Oook ftells, 'On my way'.
DarkClaw ftells, 'And Oook, I have presents for you also.'.

Oook ftells, 'Wow! It's my birthday!'.

Oook arrives from the north.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Hehe'.

Oook grins toothily.

Aslan grins mischievously at Oook.

You ftell, 'Oook, I"m sorry for the blood and gore that might be on that amulet'.
You ftell, 'It came off of Eamon's corpse.'.
You ftell, 'Wear it in good health.'.

Ananasi ftells, 'so to speak'.

Oook ftells, 'Blood and gore are traditional markings of a virile ogre'.
Oook ftells, 'I will wear them with pride!'.

Aslan beams a smile at Oook.

You ftell, 'excellent!'.

You ftell, 'actually...'.
You ftell, 'gimme it back a sec'.

Ananasi ftells, 'Room for my prezzie,. Lady?'.

Oook stops using a Minor Amulet of Health.

Ananasi ftells, 'heh ok i wait'.

Aslan says (in common), 'Oook, poke thru this, and take anything you want'.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'help me come up with a good restring for it?'.

Drizzt ftells, 'hello again.'.

Oook ftells, 'Wanna steal it?'.

Ananasi tells you (in common), 'ooo yes!'.

( And thus ensues much plotting and planning....)

Ananasi tells you (in common), 'ok, i gotta think about this, gimme a few'.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, '<worn around neck> (artifact magic) a necklace of bone, feathers and carvings'.

Ananasi tells you (in common), 'we could go that route...i was trying to think of something cool woven that I could make for him...'.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'oooh :-)'.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, '<worn around neck> (artifact magic) (Woven) songs of power and blood'.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, '<worn around neck> (artifact magic) (Woven) songs of power and Ancestor's bones'.

Ananasi tells you (in common), 'getting better...'.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, '<worn around neck> (artifact magic) (Woven) Six songs and the bones of the Wise'.

### Plane has successfully killed a mobmastery target for level 55.
You tell Plane, 'what target?'.
Plane tells you (in common), 'Tax Collector'.

Ananasi prays, 'pondering his restring :>'.

Ananasi prays, 'hmmm...songs of power and the names of the Three?'.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'lemme see if it fits'.

Ananasi prays, 'you could make him go on a minor quest to find the names of the three. i think it would take him about five minutes. :>'.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'too many characters'.
You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'it will 'wrap''.

Oook prays, 'So, that ammie you stole back... :)'.
You [GS] tell Oook, 'workin on it'.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, '<worn around neck> (artifact magic) (Woven) songs of power and Three Names'.

Ananasi prays, 'there we go'.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, '<worn around neck> (artifact magic) (Woven) songs of power and the Three Names'.

You ftell, 'Oook, I have a quest for you if you are willing.'.

Oook ftells, 'Certainly'.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'all he has to do is look at the scroll in the temple for the Names'.
You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'so what do you propose?'.

Ananasi prays, 'how about "songs of power and three Names"...that way people have to know waht they're looking at...'.

You ftell, 'I require a few items and some effort and some knowledge'.

Oook ftells, 'Do tell.'.

You ftell, 'Would you please fetch me the three Black Flowers?'.

Ananasi prays, 'Well, if I'm to do a Weaving, I need the things I'm to weave *grin* So he should compose or find a song of power'.

Oook ftells, 'Certainly'.

You ftell, 'I'll give you the next part when you retrieve them'.

Oook leaves north.

Ananasi prays, 'the three flowers will work well, and the three names'.
Ananasi prays, 'the composition part will be a fun challenge for him, I don't think he's composed a "song of power" before'.

Oook arrives from the north.
Oook nods.

Oook gets a black orchid from a saddlebag.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'what else to represent the Names other than the flowers?'.

Boromir bows before you.

Oook gets a black rose from a saddlebag.
Oook gets a black lily from a saddlebag.

You say, 'Give them to Ananasi'.

Ananasi prays, 'you could be more specific or you could just tell him to write any song that fits that phrase...'.

Ananasi prays, 'I think the flowers and the Names themselves will be fine'.
Ananasi prays, 'don't want, i dunno, steaks of the nkai shamans or anything'.
Ananasi prays, 'that would be a little disgusting to weave in :>'.

You say, 'Second part of the quest'.

Oook ftells, 'Your hands are full, Ana'.

Oook gives a black lily to Ananasi.
Oook says (in common), 'Two more'.

You say, 'Obtain a strand of hair from each of the Shamans of N'Kai.'.

Ananasi says (in common), 'yeah, hang on'.

You say, 'NOT from their corpse, but freely given.'.

Oook nods.

You say, 'Actually, just pick three. rather than all of them.'.

Oook gives a black rose to Ananasi.

Ananasi says (in common), 'ok, gimme other flowers'.

Oook gives a black orchid to Ananasi.

Oook smiles happily.
Oook bows before Ananasi.
Oook leaves north.

### [Ananasi tells Oook (in common), 'i _think_ the polyps will not see through that. but i could be wrong.']

You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'he's big enough for N'Kai, right?'.

-----------------------------------
Log provided by Oook:
-----------------------------------


Cave Before N'Kai
[Exits: north south]
Dwarven bones litter this cave, whistling faintly in a wind
that seems to blow from the north. How there is any wind in
an underground cave is beyond you, but nonetheless, a faint
breeze blows here, piping quietly, signifying N'Kai beyond.

>n
An Air-Blasted Ledge
[Exits: (north) east south west (up)]

>n
You aren't flying.

>fly
Okay, you are airborne.

>n
In the Gale of N'Kai
[Exits: north east south west up down]

>n
In the Gale of N'Kai
[Exits: north east south west up down]

>u
In the Hurricane of N'Kai
[Exits: north east south down]

>u
Alas, you cannot go that way.

>n
In the Hurricane of N'Kai
[Exits: north south up down]
(Invis) (Light Red Aura) A Flying Polyp careens through the air on a whistling gale.
(Invis) (Light Red Aura) A Flying Polyp careens through the air on a whistling gale.

>u
Below the Sender's Teeth
[Exits: down]
(Light Red Aura) Dal-Kroth, Duergar Shaman of the Polyps, worships his totems here.

You bow before him.
Dal-Kroth looks around, startled.

Dal-Kroth bows formally

>look
Below the Sender's Teeth
[Exits: down]
The Gale roars below, but all is calm here. It is dark and
quiet ... except for the sporadic dripping of black ichor,
drop by drop, from eight immense stalactites above. Gaping
wide, they are arranged in a perfect octagon, loosing dark
venom, drop by drop, into the Gale below.

You are below the fount of the Darkwater, underneath utter
blackness, looking up toward the Sender's Teeth.
(Light Red Aura) Dal-Kroth, Duergar Shaman of the Polyps, worships his totems here.

Dal-Kroth says, 'Greetings, Bard'.

You say (in common), 'Greetings, dark shaman of the polyps'.

Dal-Kroth utters the words, 'abgafb'.

You say (in common), 'I come on a mission to aquire a strand of hair from each of you who reside here.'.

Dal-Kroth says, 'How may I assist your enlightment, Spellsinger?'.
Dal-Kroth sits down and thinks deeply.

Ananasi (unseen) ftells, 'oook, I have some potions for you when you get back to the temple, courtesy of Aslan'.

Dal-Kroth says, 'Interesting.'.

You ftell, 'Thanks'.

Dal-Kroth says, 'I will gift you with this that you ask for...'.
Dal-Kroth says, 'but ask that you remember me in your Songs of Power.'.
Dal-Kroth reaches up and unbraids one plait of hair.

Aslan ftells, 'Ooo! I lost 17 kg! *snicker*'.

You nod.

Dal-Kroth then plucks out three strands of hair.
Dal-Kroth gives you the strands of hair.

You say (in common), 'It will be done.'.

>save
Your effective level is 22
Version 3.105a of TFC was compiled on 07/27/02 at 21:17.
Ok.

Dal-Kroth nods.

Oook carefully places the strands into a bag of blood bat hide.

Dal-Kroth returns to meditations with a sly smile.

>d
In the Hurricane of N'Kai
[Exits: north south up down]

>d
In the Hurricane of N'Kai
[Exits: north south up down]
(Invis) (Light Red Aura) A Flying Polyp careens through the air on a whistling gale.
(White Aura) The wind supports a macabre Statue of melded dwarven Skeletons.

>d
In the Hurricane of N'Kai
[Exits: north east south west up down]

>d
Source of the Darkwater
[Exits: north south up]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
(Light Red Aura) Lin-Tra, Duergar Shaman of the Spawn, worships her totems here.

You bow before her.
Lin-Tra looks around, startled.

Boromir (unseen) ftells, 'Vex tells you (in common), 'don't wanna get a spell from you before i pk'.'.

You say (in common), 'Greetings, Shaman of the Spawn.'.

Lin-Tra says, 'Greetings, Weaver of Songs'.

>look
Source of the Darkwater
[Exits: north south up]
The dark mist of the Gale slowly drizzles down to here, rain
coagulating to form a pool of dank, dark water, which drains
toward the south, forming a sinuous stream.
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
(Light Red Aura) Lin-Tra, Duergar Shaman of the Spawn, worships her totems here.

You say (in common), 'I come on a mission to aquire a strand of your hair, should you permit it.'.

Abe ftells, 'that was kind of him to warn you'.
Ananasi (unseen) ftells, 'nod'.
Aslan ftells, '*nod*'.

Lin-Tra says, 'I will, but on one condition.'.

You ftell, '*nod*'.

Oook raises one big scraggly eyebrow.

Boromir (unseen) ftells, 'it is .. Vex is usually pretty cool about stuff '.
You ftell, 'He's been helping me considerably with scores'.

Lin-Tra says, 'That you remember me in your Songs of Power.'.

You say (in common), 'It will be done.'.

Lin-Tra nods.

Aslan ftells, '*nod* And he's been finding stuff to eq me with'.

>l
Source of the Darkwater
[Exits: north south up]
The dark mist of the Gale slowly drizzles down to here, rain
coagulating to form a pool of dank, dark water, which drains
toward the south, forming a sinuous stream.
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous moray eel slides past.
(Light Red Aura) Lin-Tra, Duergar Shaman of the Spawn, worships her totems here.

Boromir (unseen) ftells, '*Grin* coool '.
Boromir (unseen) ftells, 'I will make it a point to help him more '.
Boromir (unseen) ftells, 'as much as I can .. '.

Lin-Tra withdraws a blade of sharp stone from the flow of the Darkwater.
Lin-Tra cuts off three strands of hair and hands them to you solemnly.

You bow before her.
Lin-Tra looks around, startled.
Lin-Tra says, 'Hunt well.'.

Oook wraps the strands and places them with the others in the bag made of blood bat hide.

You say (in common), 'Thank you.'.
You say (in common), 'I shall.'.
Oook grins toothily.

>n
The Frozen Lake Hali
[Exits: (north) south up]

>n
You cannot fly there.

>land
Okay, you have landed.

>n
The Frozen Lake Hali
[Exits: north east south]

>n
The Shore of Lake Hali
[Exits: east south down]
Shar-Ti, Duergar Shaman of the Dhole, worships her totem here.

You say (in common), 'Greetings, Shaman of the Dhole'.

who
24 players.
Elf [       Cl:10       ] Damian Save a Tree, Shoot a Beaver.
Elf [ Wa:13 Th:12 Ma:13 ] Sakyra, Elven Shadowess of the Coven
Elf [    Cl:21 Wa:15    ] Raile: When I die I wanna be a living legend.
Hum [    Cl:24 Wa:24    ] Elistan. >--The-Neighborhood-Sniper-->Tucson {NH}
Hum [     Ambassador    ] Majere,         Ambassador of Monks         AFI
Min [       Wa:10       ] Mercury the Minotaur
Ogr [ Bard:  17  12   4 ] Oook the Wandering Troubledour!  [of Fate(tm)]
Hum [       Sh: 7       ] Lotus, Dream Speaker of the Seven Pointed Star
Hum [    Ra:14 Ma:15    ] Brutus, Chaos Wizard of the Coven.  <Club 31>
Min [       Sh: 6       ] Frothel, Order of the Snow Leopard
Hum [     Ambassador    ] Clue: newbies are Clue-less only by choice
Elf [ Ra:27 Ma:27 Th:27 ] Ananasi plays harmonic hieroglyphics [Fate]
Hum [    Ra:27 Cl:26    ] Plane Bounce, WarD again
Dwa [    Wa:20 Cl:30    ] Ink Panther: Think Pink.         -=WarD=-
Hlf [ Wyrm's Handmaiden ] Aslan, On a new path of Fate
Ogr [    Sh:15 Wa:15    ] Vladamir walks the path of the Wyrm
Dwa [ Cl:16 Th:10 Wa:10 ] Nigel Living a Dark life but Loving it
Hum [  Lesser  Goddess  ] [GS] Cordir, Lady of Fate. Weaver. Ebon. *Stormreaver* <Inv 70>
Hum [     Darkslayer    ] Aster the Bloo.                  (WarD)
Dwa [ Cl:27 Th:14 Wa:15 ] Lucretia Priestess of the AshMoon *Coven* She-Wolf
Elf [ Ra:25 Th:25 Ma:28 ] Natilena Athsien, Squishy Queen of the Tel'Quessir
Hum [ Ra:26 Th:26 Cl:26 ] Abe Stormreaver walks Blade in Hand with *Fate*
Hum [      Ironwolf     ] Vex, Lexie's Grim Warder       [Inquisitor]
Hel [    Ma:17 Th:18    ] Pol, Borean Soccer Hooligan of Passion

Shar-Ti says, 'Greetings, Singer of Tales, Rememberer of Skull Top'.

Aslan ftells, '705 tnl :)'.

You say (in common), 'I come on a mission to aquire strands of your hair, should you permit it.'.
Boromir (unseen) ftells, 'cool!!! go go go !!!! '.

Shar-Ti sits down and thinks deeply.
Shar-Ti says, 'I shall... but ask a boon in return.'.

You nod.

Shar-Ti says, 'Remember me in your Songs of Power.'.

You say (in common), 'It will be done.'.

Shar-Ti smiles happily.
Shar-Ti nods.

Shar-Ti looks at Shar-Ti.

>l shar
Unclothed but for the sigla completely covering her body,
Shar-Ti shrieks her worship of the sleeping Dhole:

Now it sleeps, in N'Kai of Night.
Now it dreams, til the Stars are Right.

Soon it wakes, and births, and breeds.
Then it rises, slays, and feeds ...
Shar-Ti is in perfect health.

Shar-Ti uses a broken Dhole tooth to saw off three strands of hair.
Shar-Ti gives you the three strands with a nod.

> Oook wraps the three strands with the others in the bag of blood bat hide.

You bow deeply.
You say (in common), 'Thank you.'.

Shar-Ti bows deeply.

>s
The Frozen Lake Hali
[Exits: north east south]

>s
The Frozen Lake Hali
[Exits: north south (up)]

>s
Source of the Darkwater
[Exits: north south (up)]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous moray eel slides past.
(Light Red Aura) Lin-Tra, Duergar Shaman of the Spawn, worships her totems here.

>s
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south (up)]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.

>s
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north east]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous moray eel slides past.

The current pulls you east.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: south west]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous moray eel slides past.

>s
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north west]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.

The current pulls you west.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: east south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.

>s
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

The current pulls you south.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

>l ti
Unclothed but for the sigla completely covering his body,
Ti-Lok cries out his worship of the deep Burrowers:

Crawling, feeding, learning, growing,
Molten basalt, crimson flowing.

Rising, guarding, breeding, laying,
Egg-Thief finding, rending, slaying.
Ti-Lok is in perfect health.

The current pulls you south.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.

The current pulls you south.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.

You say (in common), 'Greetings, Shaman of the Chtonians'.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

The current pulls you south.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.

You say (in common), 'Greetings, Shaman of the Chtonians'.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

You say (in common), 'Greetings, Shaman of the Chtonians'.

> Oook grins toothily.

The current pulls you south.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.

Ananasi tells you (in common), 'it's chthonians :P'.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

The current pulls you south.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

>fly
This isn't a good place to try to fly.

Ti-Lok yells, 'Greetings, Songster'.

You say (in common), 'Need hair'.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: east south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.

>s
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

The current pulls you south.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.

You yell (in common), 'Seeking your hair!'.

Ti-Lok yells, 'Will you remember me in your songs of power?'.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

The current pulls you south.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.

You yell (in common), 'It will be done!'.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

The current pulls you south.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

Ti-Lok yells, 'And the Chthonians I worship?'.

You nod.

Aslan ftells, 'Bleh, I hate it when I get stuff like this... 'Your hearing returns!''.

>l ti
Unclothed but for the sigla completely covering his body,
Ti-Lok cries out his worship of the deep Burrowers:

Crawling, feeding, learning, growing,
Molten basalt, crimson flowing.

Rising, guarding, breeding, laying,
Egg-Thief finding, rending, slaying.
Ti-Lok is in perfect health.

Ananasi (unseen) ftells, 'heh'.

Ti-Lok rips out a hank of hair with a mad, gleeful grin.

The current pulls you south.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.

Oook grins toothily.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

The current pulls you south.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

Ti-Lok casts the hair into the Darkwater.


The current pulls you south.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.

> Oook grabs the hair.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

You bow deeply.

The current pulls you south.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.

You say (in common), 'Thank you!'.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

Ti-Lok nods.

The current pulls you south.

Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.
Flowing among the waters, a monstrous electric eel slides past.

You yell (in common), 'Thank you!'.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: north south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.
Ti-Lok, Duergar Shaman of the Chthonians, worships his totems here.

>n
Along the Darkwater
[Exits: east south]
The stream of the Darkwater fills this area.

Ti-Lok yells, 'Now off with you, you're frightening the Chthonians!'.

Oook squeezes the water from the strands of hair.
Oook carefully wraps up the strands and places them in the bag of blood bat hide.

( And back to the temple he goes)

The Sanctuary of Fate
[Exits: north up]
(Token magic) A magical spring flows from the ground here.
A small weaving loom is barely visible amidst the trees.
(Intense Light Green Aura) Clue is here.
(Hide) A distressingly large, shiny black spider weaves webs here.

Oook arrives from the north.

Cordir ftells, 'Ana, could you come to the temple?'.
Cordir smiles happily.
Cordir says, 'Your third task, Oook...'.

Oook grins, dripping wet but pleased with himself.

Cordir grins with anticipation.
Cordir says, 'Is to compose a Song of Power.'.

Oook coughs up half the Darkwater.

Ananasi ftells, 'nod, give me a moment to kill flames in ec, one of em has a score...if i don't find it in a sec i'll be there'.

Oook says (in common), 'Ah!'.

Cordir ftells, '*nodnod* Oook has just been given his third task.'.

Ananasi ftells, 'nod'.

Oook grins toothily.
Oook says (in common), 'For a song of power, I will need...'.
Oook gets a small drum from an egg casing.
Oook says (in common), 'My Drum!'.
Oook wipes some water off the drumhead.

You nod.
You say, 'please wait until Ananasi arrives to begin singing.'.

Oook nods.

You say, 'Oh.. and your fourth task... will be to whisper the names of the Three.'.

Oook says (in common), 'It will give me a moment to, ah, compose myself.'.

You nod.
You say, 'of course'.

Cordir grins slightly.

You say, 'please PRAY when you're ready.'.

(Plotting occours, as well as song composing.)

### Drizzt has advanced to level 9.
Elf [ Ra: 9 Ma: 9 ] [LN][ Cordir] Drizzt is Fated to walk the Path of Nature


Ananasi prays, 'so what am I going to have for the weaving? flowers, strands of hair, song, and names?'.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'Yes'.

Ananasi tells you (in common), 'ok'.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, '6 strands - 4 from shaman, 1 from me, 1 from you?'.

Ananasi ftells, 'Afk to plot mischief :) Sleeping in the temple if anyone needs me...'.

Ananasi sleeps.

### Abe has advanced to level 27.
Hum [ Ra:27 Th:26 Cl:26 ] Abe Stormreaver walks Blade in Hand with *Fate*

You ftell, 'Standing Order #2:'.
You ftell, 'Whenever you see Nasr on...'.
You ftell, 'Please obtain some Stew of any kind (rabbit, rat, whatever)'.
You ftell, 'and give it to him'.

Abe ftells, 'already omw'.

Ananasi ftells, 'he already quit :)'.

Oook ftells, 'Fish stew can be found at the S end of GWR'.

Oook arrives from the north.
Oook makes himself comfortable.
Oook rests.

Cordir wonders how Oook is doing with his composing.

Oook has a stanza down, and the intro.

Ananasi gives a spell score to Oook.
Ananasi sleeps.

Oook says (in common), 'oooo'.

Oook stands up.
Oook hums several notes to a song you didn't know existed.
Oook looks confused.
Oook rests.

Oook ftells, 'Handy: Don't you forget about cure mute'.

Oook grins, if in a slightly confused looking way.

You have restored Oook's mind to normal.
Ok.

Oook chuckles, evidently amused.
Oook says (in common), 'Thanks'.
Oook says (in common), 'It doesn't last long'.

Oook prays, 'What, exactly, should a Song of Power do/be/mention? Aside from the obvious :)'.
Oook prays, 'Or is it up to me?'.

You [GS] tell Oook, 'that is soley up to you. Whatever OOOK draws on for Power.'.

Oook prays, 'Okie dokie'.

### Aslan has advanced to level 6.
Hlf [ Wyrm's Handmaiden ] Aslan, On a new path of Fate

Oook mutters 'Two stanzas down' to himself.

Oook cracks a set of massive ogre knuckles.

### Mercury has advanced to level 11.
Min [ Wa:11 ]Mercury the Minotaur

Oook tries to hold a small drum, but has his hands full.

Ananasi prays, 'ok, it's in your icq window'.
Ananasi wakes and stands up.
You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'Long desc ?'.
Ananasi tells you (in common), 'Hm. Songs of power weave a shroud of mystery about three Names here.'.

You nod.
You say, 'Ready, Oook?'.

The Sanctuary of Fate
[Exits: north up]
The breathtaking loveliness of a midnight shadowed garden embraces you. The
night sky is filled with stars... no, not stars, but strands of light which
shimmer at the edges of sight. The soft call of unseen birds provides sweet
melody to please the ear and the low hoot of an owl echoes out of the trees.
A thick tangle of web-shrouded briar roses marks the boundaries of the area
and every conceivable variety of flower blooms within, despite the darkness.
Here and there, care has been taken to create gathering places in the glade,
from an intimate nook of soft, thick moss beneath a veiling willow tree, to
a low, gentle dell where a large group could rest in comfort. Each cardinal
point is marked by its own unique archway. Ebon flames beckon within a trio
of them, and the fourth is sealed by an enormous spiderweb. At the heart of
the clearing is a large round seal of orichalcum.
A small weaving loom is barely visible amidst the trees.
(Invis) (Light Cyan Aura) Boromir is here.
(Light Cyan Aura) Oook is resting here.
(Invis) (Light Cyan Aura) Ananasi is resting here.
(Hide) A distressingly large, shiny black spider weaves webs here.

Oook nods.

You nod.

Oook puts the book of knowledge in an egg casing.

You say, 'Please begin'.

Oook stands up.

Oook looks around and finds a good spot in the grass.

Oook rests.

Oook gets a small drum from an egg casing.

Oook stops using a mallet.

Oook holds a small drum in his hands.

Oook taps solemnly upon his drum, each beat slowly finding its place in the world.

Oook continues to play, the beats now coming in pairs - slow, steady, constant.

Oook's eyes light up and you feel the drumming match your heartbeat, or perhaps it is the other way around.

Oook chants, 'Three watch Many, One watch One,'

Oook chants, 'From Start of Time to Time Undone,'

Oook chants, 'Watch those fly, watch those crawl,'

Oook chants, 'Watch what sleep 'til end of All.'

Oook drums faster, and you feel your blood surge to meet the pace.

Oook chants, 'Spire heights to sunless lake,'

Oook chants, 'Spiders seek and blood bats take,'

Oook chants, 'Swirling grey to fungi five,'

Oook chants, 'Heed the call of jungle live.'

Oook drums yet faster, driving the sound to into a fevered rhythm!

Oook chants, 'Ogre blood in ogre veins!'

Oook chants, 'Sharp teeth and claws and gruesome stains!'

Oook chants, 'Ancient people - monsters We!'

Oook chants, 'Power ever Ours to Be!' and slams both hands flat on the drum!

Oook grins toothily.

Ananasi shows her approval by clapping her hands together.

Boromir shows his approval by clapping his hands together.
Boromir shows his approval by clapping his hands together.

You smile happily.
You say, 'well done'.

### Natilena has scored 13 points on a location quest (5407 points total).

Oook stops using a small drum.
Oook puts a small drum in an egg casing.

You say, 'And the strands you were bid to obtain?'.

Oook says (in common), 'Thank you'.

Oook stands up.

You say, 'Give them to Ananasi, please'.

Ananasi raises her head from an attitude of intent listening.

Oook pulls four wound sets of strands from a bag made of blood bat hide.

Oook gives the hair to Ananasi.

Ananasi accepts the strands, and turns to Cordir.

Ananasi says (in common), 'Lady?'.

You say, 'the Names'.

Ananasi holds out her hand.

Ananasi prays, 'your strand'.

Oook nods.

Cordir gets a silver dagger from the surrounding shadows.
Cordir uses the blade to delicately cut three strands of Her long silver hair.

Oook whispers, 'Shan-Regoth'

Cordir hands the strands to Ananasi.

Ananasi prays, 'doh i only wrote in one, silly *ruffle*'.

The moonlight shudders at that name.

Oook whispers, 'Dar-Golmeth'

The branches of the trees begin to sway.

Ananasi holds up the strands to catch the Name.

Oook whispers, 'Alak-Nacha'

The Loom thrums.

Ananasi moves the strands, and they too vibrate.

Ananasi runs one hand through her own hair, and adds a final strand.

### Natilena has scored 10 points on a location quest (5417 points total).

Ananasi casts the flowers of the Spire on the air.

Ananasi allows the woven strands to drift through the scented air.

Ananasi holds the strands before her, eyes closed, and twists them in a way your eyes will not accept.

Ananasi unfurls the new-woven strands and scents, holding the Names within themselves.

You give (Woven) songs of power and three Names to Ananasi.

Ananasi concentrates, and you hear a faint echo of Oook's songs.

You ftell, 'boogers, mesed up timing on that, Ana. :-('.

Ananasi ftells, 'snicker'.

Oook noticed nothing wrong.
Oook smiles happily.

Ananasi prays, 'second line of "songs" needs to end with "you're" not "youre"'.
You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'crap.'.
Ananasi prays, 'and the um third to last line needs an apostrophe after "songs"'.
Ananasi prays, 'oh heh is it too late?'.
You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'it does, according to my restring file'.
You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'the mud may not have accepted the character when it was sent'.
Ananasi prays, 'eh well i can't see em :> yeah if you send apostrophes from Word or some format that treats em fancy the mud ignoes em'.
You [GS] tell Ananasi, 'now look'.
Ananasi prays, 'perfect. "strands" needs one in the line with N'Kai'.

Oook admires the grass.

You [GS] tell Ananasi, '*nod*'.
Ananasi tells you (in common), 'ok, strands looks good'.
Ananasi tells you (in common), 'and the others look fine'.

Boromir looks closely at the strands held by Oook.

Ananasi gives (Woven) songs of power and three Names to Oook.

Oook smiles happily.

Ananasi says (in common), 'Bear it well, Bard'.

l power
Songs of power weave a shroud of mystery about three Names here.'.


l names
You dare not examine too closely the three Names bound here -
though you know it is their shadows only, not the true Names,
you can feel power that would shatter you in an instant if no
protections warded you. Cloaking the Names from mortal sight
(or perhaps cloaking you from the Names) is a complex weaving
composed of six strands of hair and elusively familiar scents
of sacred blooms.

Oook grins toothily.

Oook wears (Woven) songs of power and three Names around his neck.

You say, 'keep looking, Bard'.

Oook is.

l songs
You are swept up in a thousand songs at once. Though the tumult
is overwhelming, there is no sense of cacophony. Rather, you're
uplifted by the power in each melody. Some throb and pulse with
a primal rhythm that shakes soul and body alike. Impossible not
to whirl endlessly in thrall to such might - but then, a subtler
swaying chant seduces you, and you find yourself curving, caught
up in stretching circles and lilting grace you never dreamed you
possessed. As each melody captures you, holds you, releases you
and spins round to hold you again, you feel the songs' intricate
power weaving new paths through your soul - paths you will spend
your life traveling and understanding.

Ananasi says (in common), 'Bear it well...and gimme another shroom. Weaving makes me hungry'.
Ananasi grins mischievously.

Oook is out. You ate them all.

l strands
One of the strands of hair is brilliantly silver and glows to
even the most mundane eye with more than mortal radiance. As
your finger brushes across it, you see the Lady who wards you
and knows better than any what path you will weave. The next
four strands bring glimpses of holy N'Kai and the sacred ones
who make it their home. Touching the last strand, you see an
elf, her hands moving in sinuous curves as she Weaves.

Oook says (in common), 'Wait'.

Oook sighs loudly.
Oook says (in common), 'Out of create food, too'.
Oook says (in common), 'Never mind'.

Ananasi snickers softly.
Ananasi says (in common), 'brb'.
Ananasi leaves north.

l scents
The scents of the blooms sacred to the Three drift together
on the air, reminding you of all you hold sacred.

You ftell, 'Chosen... it's midnight, and my alarm goes off at 5 am.'.
You ftell, 'I must be heading to bed.'.

Abe ftells, 'nite hon'.
Oook ftells, 'Good night, m'lady'.

Oook prays, 'Thanks :)'.

Boromir ftells, 'Good Night Lady Cordir 8bow* 8wave*'.
Ananasi ftells, 'goodnight *hug*'.

You ftell, 'Enjoy the gift, Oook, wear it in health and joy.'.

Ananasi prays, 'thanks, that was fun'.

Oook ftells, 'Thank you!'.

Boromir ftells, 'i am gone as well ..'.

You ftell, 'Ana, thank you for your Weaving'.

Boromir ftells, '*wave*'.

Ananasi ftells, '*bow* Always an honor, Lady'.

Boromir ftells, 'good night all '.

You ftell, 'Jet, congrats on Butterknifehood'.

Oook ftells, '*laugh*'.

Jet ftells, 'thanks :)'.

You ftell, 'abe, get another level!'.

You ftell, 'take care'.

Ananasi smiles happily.

Boromir ftells, 'just call him .. slick :) '.

Abe ftells, 'lol'.

Oook ftells, 'I, too, level soon'.

Ananasi gives steak made from student to Oook.

Oook grins toothily.
Oook waves happily.

Oook smiles happily.
You smile happily.

Boromir ftells, '*wave*'.

Fare thee well!

Click here to return to timeline